The index opened flat to positive and after making an initial low around 8581 saw some short covering to close at 8638.00, gain of 22.75 points. The broader market was positive with 982 advances to 656 declines. Range at the start of series at 8500-9000.
- Call option 8500-9200 added 20.90 lacs OI with short covering at 8200 and below strike prices.
- Put option 8700-8000 added 27.99 lacs OI with short covering at 9100 and above strike prices.
- Nifty Open Interest is at 1,77,32,100 down by 2,32,575 with increase in price, probably short covering.
- Bank Nifty Open Interest is at 15,35,560 down by 24,160 with increase in price, probably short covering.
- FII’s sold 17089 contracts of Index Futures, which includes net 8291 contracts long liquidation and 8798 contracts short build-up, with increase in net OI by 507 contracts, includes 17643 longs to 34732 shorts for the day.
- FII’s Index future open contract as on date is 154986 Longs to 51554 Shorts, Net long 103432 contracts.
- Initial support at 8600 with OI of 34.13 lacs and below that at 8500 with highest OI of 40.50 lacs.
- Initial resistance at 8700 with OI of 21.92 lacs and above that at 8800 with OI of 23.95 lacs.
- Day Range as per Option Table is 8570 - 8686 and as per VIX is 8572 - 8704 with 8628 as the Pivot.
Call OI : 28394400
Put OI : 29039325
PCR OI : 1.0227
SMR : 14.33 (Bearish : Option Table stays Neutral with good support coming up around 8500 again, not much resistance moving forward barring off course one at 9000...)