The index opened weak and stayed weak for the entire session of trade to close near the lows at 8615.25, loss of 76.05 points. The broader market was weak with 542 advances to 1099 declines. Expiry Range is at 8500-8700.
- Call option 8600-8800 added 34.53 lacs OI with profit booking at 8900 and above strike prices.
- Put option 8550 added 8.19 lacs OI with short covering at 8600 and above strike prices.
- Nifty Open Interest is at 1,23,74,400 down by 16,54,425 whereas Nov series added 34.77 lacs OI with decrease in price, probably 100% roll-over with huge short build-up.
- Bank Nifty Open Interest is at 11,96,000 down by 5,04,320 whereas Nov series added 2.70 lacs OI with decrease in price, small roll-over with huge long liquidation.
- FII’s sold 4751 contracts of Index Futures, which includes net 3887 contracts long build-up and 8638 contracts short build-up, with increase in net OI by 12525 contracts, includes 91880 longs to 96631 shorts for the day.
- FII’s Index future open contract as on date is 194215 Longs to 96573 Shorts, Net long 97642 contracts.
- Initial and best support at 8500 with OI of 50.79 lacs and below that at 8400 with OI of 35.97 lacs.
- Initial resistance at 8650 with huge OI addition of 14.88 lacs and above that at 8700 with OI of 51.72 lacs.
- Day Range as per Option Table is 8561 - 8680 and as per VIX is 8550 - 8680 with 8623 as the Pivot.
Call OI : 38921625
Put OI : 33169125
PCR OI : 0.8522
SMR : 16.96 (Bearish : Bears have taken control on the penultimate day of Expiry with the range boiling down to 8550-8680...)